My 24 Day Challenge

My 24 Day Challenge

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 13....having an "off" day

So I have not been nearly as productive today as I wanted to be.  I have been waking up in the middle of the night for about a week and having a hard time falling back to sleep.  It's getting a bit annoying.  Happens regardless of whether I take something to help me sleep, or whether I keep my cat out of my room. 

Had an appointment this morning and managed to get a few things done and then started to feel a bit lowsy.  I had my vitamins, a shake for breakfast (vanilla blended with ice, half a banana and a spoonful of peanut butter) which was very tasty!  Stupidly decided to "browse" the online dating sucked into paying for a month's membership just to respond to a couple people (who, by the way, will most likely turn out to be total players/idiots).  I don't know why I do this to myself every several months.  At the end of July I had declared a "dating hiatus" and look at me now....stupid stupid stupid.  But, unless the FedEx man who delivers my next Advocare shipment is Mr. Right I gotta do something! 

So who knows if signing up for an online dating site was what is making me feel ill or not.....but I have so much to do before work tomorrow and I just can't get out of my own way.  I had a spark after my appointment and was feeling fine, but now my stomach is achy and I even opened a can of diet coke, which I haven't had in WEEKS to see if that would help settle my stomach.  It didn' I took a nap...and that didn't work either.  Haven't worked out today either but feel totally lethargic.  I guess I can't be on my A game every single day!  But the problem is that I want to be!!! GRRR!

Yesterday I attempted a run outside, decided to do a 3.5 mile loop.....used my inhaler about 30 minutes prior to leaving for the run and also took it with me.  I managed to get 0.96 miles in (although really had to push myself) before I had to stop and walk ....and use the inhaler again.  I walked about half a mile and then ran 0.6 miles, which was actually more difficult than I thought.  I had to walk the remaining distance home....I am discouraged about my difficulty breathing.  It's happened in the past, but not this badly.  I guess if it continues to be this bad I will call my doctor back again and see what he thinks.  I have a 10K in less than two weeks....something's gotta give....

Since I'm sounding a bit like Debbie Downer I'm going to sign off.....have tried to eat healthy today despite feeling crappy....thought maybe part of it was because it had been a few hours since I'd eaten, so I had an apple....some water, and then a snack bar.....but still feeling blah! 

Gonna go lay down and see if I can shake this thing. Haven't been out of my apartment since my appointment this morning.  Want some fresh air and a little walk, but my whole body feels "heavy" for lack of a better word.  If any of you have suggestions/ideas about the running thing I'd love to hear them! 

Thanks for reading! Hope you're having a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee:

    I know you are coming off of an injury and the exercise induced bronchospasm is certainly an unexpected "opportunity for growth". Have you thought about doing shorter intervals of running, then walking? Perhaps walk 5-10 minutes first, then run for 2-4 minutes. Stop and walk for 30 seconds to 2 minutes EVEN IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU NEED TO. Focus on spreading your energy out more evenly. Tell yourself it's okay. No expectations and no pressure. Take it one 2-4 minute interval at a time. And only do it if it's something you really enjoy doing and WANT to do.