My 24 Day Challenge

My 24 Day Challenge

Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 2 of "the challenge"

Hi everyone!  I will do my best not to bore you, yet try to be brutally honest at the same time.....I decided earlier this week to start my 24 Day Challenge with Advocare.  I already love several products, but was not faithful in using ANY products until a few weeks ago.  So, even though I can come up with multiple excuses why I should "wait" a few more days to start my challenge, I finally decided....NO MORE EXCUSES!!!  Have I been wanting to feel better?  Yes! Have I complained about feeling tired and having no energy? Yes.  Have I complained and felt bad about how I look? Absolutely!  So....not waiting until after the weekend, or waiting until after Labor Day....healthy choices start now!!   I'm hoping this blog will allow others to see my journey with advocare and my choice to finally eat clean and live lean!  (plus, I'm thinking it may keep me more accountable if I think people are following my story)!!

Yesterday morning I woke up to my "opportunity clock" and knew I was going to make healthy choices and start on my new 24 day journey.  I mixed a citrus fiber drink with an orange spark and drank it down......now, this is NO fault of Advocare, but I apparently have an issue with drinks that have a little texture to them.....so, mixing the fiber drink with a spark was helpful, but using a straw to drink it down was even better!  I have not heard of anyone having issues with the fiber drink, and I don't want to be the first...but I guess texture is more important to me than I thought!  And this ain't no sippin' drink! 

After the fiber drink, I had a chocolate meal replacement shake blended with a banana for breakfast, along with my OmegaPlex vitamins.  I continued to drink plenty of water throughout the day, along with a dose of Catalyst (3) during the early afternoon.....along with a Slam.  (which I LOVE)!!  It was a crazy, busy, chaotic day at work and ended up being there for 14 hours.....and I survived.    Now....I fast forward to today...

Day 2:
Chugged down another fiber drink mixed with an orange Spark (with a straw of course)......followed by a Vanilla Shake with frozen berries and OmegaPlex.  Very tasty!  I realize the shakes usually come into the challenge on day 11 but I actually enjoy the taste of them.....I won't always have one for breakfast, but yesterday and today they hit the spot!   I had some water, but not as much as I should.....so I'm trying to make up for that now. 

I went for a bike ride after taking a dose of Catalyst, water and some grape Rehydrate....and continued to drink another Rehydrate during my ride, along with more water........

I just returned from Trader Joe's (which I also love) after picking up some clean eating choices.....and realized I forgot to buy some bottled water.....Maine has been declared to be in a state of emergency due to Hurricane Irene....and I'm guessing Hannaford will be crazy busy tonight, but I may brave the crowd, after all.....No More Excuses!!

I'm looking forward to some roasted asparagus, grilled lemon-thyme chicken and some brown rice for dinner.....I'll try to post some pics soon and make my blog a bit more interesting!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment