My 24 Day Challenge

My 24 Day Challenge

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 4

Tonight completes Day 4 of my challenge.  Things have been going pretty well.  It was nice not to have the fiber drink this morning, but I saw a recipe from Laura for fiber (drink) muffins!  You can apparently eat two muffins a day on the days you woud typically have the fiber drink.  I decided that even though I don't "need" the drink today I would make them and see how they are.  I have never baked with whole wheat flour, and with the fiber drink wasn't sure how they would taste.....I was pleasantly surprised!!  I think they will now be a new addition to my daily snacks when I want a little something sweet, yet healthy! The apple pieces make them a bit more moist.  I look forward to making them in the future for a nice tasty fiber rich snack! Overall two thumbs up! 

I decided to do a small workout today.  Thanks to the rain and winds of Hurricane Irene I walked over to the little gym I have here at my apartment complex.  I had learned from Facebook that a few friends in Maine were already without power, but I was hoping I could work out and shower before anything flickered at my place!  So, I walked for 5 minutes and then started running......and the lights went off for a split second....which made the treadmill come to a screaching halt!!  There was one other person in the gym, on the other treadmill and he was going much faster than me and had a harder time with the abrupt stop!  The power came right back on and I finished running one mile, walked 0.25 miles and then ran another 0.5 miles, followed by another 10 minutes of walking.  This may seem like nothing to those of you who are runners.....but that is the most I've been able to run since my achilles tendonitis at the end of April.  The weekend of success school I ran 0.5 miles, walked 1 mile and ran another 0.5 miles on the treadmill.  That was the first time I had run a short distance twice in one workout.  Today was exciting!!  A whole mile without stopping!!  woohoo!!  I got slightly winded but nothing like the past two days.  I also didn't have an incline in front of me....looking forward to seeing my PCP in a couple days.

I got several things accomplished from my "to do" list.....and then took a nap on the couch for about an hour!  Nice, relaxing day!  I keep thinking I need to accomplish more before I go to bed tonight, but this is also my last free weekend day/night before school starts!!  :(  And I have to be at work at 0600 tomorrow morning!  So, it's an evening of mindless tv for me! 

The lights have been flickering for the last 15 minutes and I'm hoping I don't lose power.  I'm usually pretty lucky here at my apartment complex, but I guess you never know!  The weather doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as people were projecting.....the rain has been stopped for several hours, but the wind is pretty consistent...can't imagine what it was like in St Thomas!  Hope my islands are ok!!  Someday I hope to get back there and check it out!  ....someone's gotta do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment